Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, May 24, 2010

When the Magnets Kiss the Flywheel


When the magnets kiss the flywheel I almost need them to get a room at the Savoy because the magnets get hot and heavy with the flywheel and a kiss always is a French one and they are very difficult to separate.  Why do I know this well when I am done with the session I put my hand on the flywheel and its always very HOT.  

I have begun using the ¼ rule when I turn up or down my resistance on the bike. It makes it so much easier for me to define the interval rather than simply twisting that red dial willy-nilly.  I don’t know how you do it but this seems to work for me.

Today of course was the last class Kristen was teaching for a WEEK!  Yikes. Alex Aguera is taking her place and I have heard he is exceptionally good.  We can always try the other professionals like Tripp Doherty, Mike Borska or The Blue Sapphire, Carolyn Mellace.

Kristen was talking about exploring today and it seemed to ring this bell inside my head that says we can open up our limitations on what we think we can do as far as effort is concerned but then my mind turned to how the word limitless can give us a word up on what might be possible. Too often we put our own brake on the pedals because we don’t know what lies beyond.  One step beyond is all we need take it’s not like we are jumping across a canyon it’s just a step and one step leads to another and another and pretty soon we are starting to pick up speed when we thought we were frozen to the spot. 

We had some Kristen Doctrine today but I didn’t have a pen and pad to copy all those epithets of wisdom she laid on us but I will ask her to elaborate and then post it later this week.  What I do remember is something about free radicals chasing anti-oxidants around or vice versa and it was important they get together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dhdTz2F430 Katy Perry: California Girl
           




No comments:

Post a Comment