Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ambivalence


I hadn’t given much more than a passing thought to the imagery Kristen uses when she says”  “I really like this road”.  Of course our ride takes place in our legs but gets played out between our ears with a little help from the red wheel we turn right and left. 

On the ride in to Equinox this morning I saw a group of outside riders bunched up on Woodbury Road headed north and I thought, poor things they don’t get to experience the ride we do. Imagine they are on the open road feeling all the elements and the actual terrain of the earth and I in an enclosed space think I have it better than they.  But I do.

It’s the woman in #41 that helps me make that bold statement.  She makes the imagery real and I don’t have to worry about the traffic, a flat tire or a gear slipping, I can just ride my heart out. 

I’m feeling just a tad ambivalent today after taking my ‘sabbatical’ yesterday.  Could I be back on the edge of burnout that I was approaching about two weeks ago?  I can’t be sure because for me in particular “feelings aren’t facts”.  Intuition on the other hand usually contains the facts but it is my interpretation of those ‘facts’ that I usually have difficulty in translating.

Carolyn’s Sunday class helped dispel some of the mixed feelings I was having today. Maybe it’s because it’s Mothers Day and mine has passed over ten years ago and my closest sibling expired also on Mothers Day 41 years ago. 

Happy Mothers Day to all my cycle classmates.  How was your day Laurie?  

No comments:

Post a Comment