Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, May 10, 2010

Kristen Doctrine Segment 3

Kristen, I seem to be experiencing some tendonitis in the back of my legs.  Is this from over use?  What can I do to alleviate this pain? Do I have to stop exercising?  Or is it a case of not stretching enough?  

For your legs - you definitely need to lengthen the muscle more. Stretching yes, but I swear by the Pilates work I do in the Pilates studio on the reformer. Its opened up my hips like never before. It keeps me so healthy. I only do 2 - 30 min sessions a week. It’s NOT a workout; it’s like my therapy. Blows away a massage. She stretches me in ways I could never do on my own. She also "rolls out" my legs with a foam roller. Something else that's hard to do on your own. I will get you a 45 min complimentary session if you would use it. Its something you could do in the middle of the day - then go back to work after a quick change of clothes! Let me know - I'd be more than happy to help you get started.
Kristen Gagne

1 comment:

  1. Maybe some Thai Yoga Bodywork could also help !
    It opens and stretches ones body in a way that a regular massage cannot and is more therapeutic as well ...
    ~L

    ReplyDelete