Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, May 3, 2010

Go Hard & Go Home!



I love the perspective from the back of the CS because I get to see all of you albeit from the back or sidelong views. It gives me the length and breath of just how much all of us want to be here no matter what the conditions. There were grumblings on the line today because the traffic precipitated late arrivals. I can sense the anxiety of getting into this class.    The energy however was electric it was palpable.    Packed in like wet sardines today but of no consequence the class was stellar as if the sun was shining bright. 

Kristen never keeps on with what is tried and true. She is always rolling out something new something fresh and of course something challenging.  What I liked about today were the spaces of time in between intervals of strong effort that allowed at least this old heart to slow down and recover like I have not been able to do in previous classes.  Not surprising to know that KG writes our sessions and makes it feel like it’s spontaneous. She is a performance artist par excellence.   Who does that?  I venture to say not many.

The feel of the class is that we are all on a team and that we are all making individual yet a collective progress each week. If we are here then we do take spinning seriously otherwise why would we obsess on getting a seat for each class. 

Kristen said something I don’t know if you caught it something about when she taught elsewhere that members bought their seats.  Wow what a concept! PSL’s, or Personal Seat Licenses just like in football. We would no longer have to be at our computers at all hours trying our hand at the roulette wheel.  Now I wonder just how much these seats might go for?  Maybe I have a big mouth too.  Did anyone stay Stub Hub?  Yes I can see it now Ticketron selling seats for the hottest show on Jericho Turnpike. 

Go Hard & Go Home.  There is some solace that when we spin here that our day of exercise is complete, our metabolism is ramped up and our world is a 1000-watt bulb. 









2 comments:

  1. When we commit ourselves to staying right where we are, then our experience becomes very vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you expand on this thought? Tell me how you found us.

    ReplyDelete