Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sunset Boulevard



Secret Agent Man may have blown his cover today. The border policewoman at the front desk in Roslyn is starting to get suspicious due to the fact that I do not have an all access pass to the three clubs on Long Island. Well I only need Tuesdays for Kristen’s class for God’s sake. I know I know she is just doing her job.  I was able to finagle my way through this morning but there is trouble brewing I can feel it in my left foot because it’s starting to go numb. What would Johnny Rivers do?

I have an anecdote today about the rider next to me and I will change her name to avoid hearing from her publicist.  Let’s call her Gloria Swanson. She was probably in her 70’s with the aid of a good doctor she looked pretty good.  Anyway she was a riot.  She was conducting her own class today. She was fiddling with her ponytail and adjusting her heavily jeweled fingers and doing half body push-ups on the handlebars while we were trying to find our pedal stroke between intervals and breakaways.  At one point she sat back in the middle of breaking the pedals and started to clap her hands. She was cheerleading for us.  I chuckled. Kristen asked that we “add gear” and she would casually glance around the studio and adjust her 14k gold watch.  I was thoroughly entertained by her lack of focus but she was obviously enjoying herself. She reminded me of the aforementioned Gloria Swanson’s character in  “Sunset Boulevard”, 1950. 

I have started to ask Kristen QOTD (Question of the Day) and I will post her response each week. I will try to coordinate with her busy schedule and have it appear on Tuesdays. I asked her about VO2 max and you will have read that response prior to today’s post.  I asked her about tendonitis only because that is what I am experiencing in both of my legs. You will be interested in her response.




No comments:

Post a Comment