Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blowout

One has to be conscious of what the physical limitations of the body are.  If one is of the younger set, under 50, maximum effort carries virtually no consequences other than a deeper hunger for breath and a bigger pool of water on the studio floor.  However, I am at the age where my metal and concrete are subject to stress fractures.  My internal resolve actually might have a leg up on what my body can actually sustain. And so because I have never “tin canned” it I have to keep a watchful eye and pay close attention to “blowouts”.  I experienced one today and gladly it was at the end of our ride.  As I started to flex my foot my left calf seized up like a frozen cable in the dead of winter.  Unclipping and landing foot to floor ended that consternation for me. And it put an end to any scintilla of doubt that I am not breaking my shoes trying to get fit. 

Switching gears, did you notice that this being a holiday week how the other spin classes have plenty of empty bikes?  Not in KSC however. These seats do not go on sale even at Passover and Easter time. In fact   I was sitting on the line to sign up and there actually was a cancellation at the box office this morning, which shocked me, but as I looked around at 9:45 there was not a seat to be had by the time the warm up song began. Oh and the big shots were in the club today and I wonder if they are fully cognizant of the phenomena going on in this spin class? Do they have a clue?  I suppose an inkling but how could they? I mean really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment