Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, March 5, 2010

Gotta Go to Mo's

I took the route of the substitute teacher via an old friend who has been at Equinox since it first opened in April of 2003. (Hey that’s when I arrived. Who cares old man) Maureen or as she is affectionately known as Mo  had seat 41 today and I was   expecting a professional and I was not disappointed. 

 When we used to be in grade school and the teacher was out sick we had this sense of relief almost like it was a snow day.  Well I wasn’t entertaining any thoughts of throwing paper airplanes across the room but I did feel I would take it just a little easier in Mo’s class, but I was WRONG! 

The studio was not jammed like KG’s renditions are but I was determined to pull my own weight and knock myself out.  I think that I am still being drawn out of bed with a purpose to work on my own version of fitness and I am happy to report it feels good, it feels very good.

I am very theatrical in my passion for my vocation and Kristen’s performances are Academy Award caliber that’s probably the reason why I am drawn so viscerally to her work.  The point is that every Equinox exercise physiologist (How can we call them trainers?) is authentic and it’s just rare to find people with a sense of purpose and genuine love for what they do.  My personal favorite of course is Kristen because she oozes this professionalism in a captivating way that delights my senses and kicks my butt as the same time.

Tomorrow I will report on Tabata!  It has something to do with short spurts of exasperated effort, which intrigues me, and guess who is teaching that class?  I will be back with a full report. 

And please leave a comment because if you speak up we can make this more than a diatribe by middle-aged bald man.  Or a MABM as I like to refer to it as. 

No comments:

Post a Comment