Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cary Grant

Part of me is saying drive over to Equinox and lift some weights or do some Napoleon Solo spinning. For the last 4 years I have been doing the old Jack LaLaane circuit technique with 8 or 9 machines 3x each with 15-20 reps. On the alternate day I would do 30 minutes of interval training on the elliptical or the Stairmaster.  It had up until now served it’s  purpose as I tried to keep my infrastructure from going to the dogs. It’s not all for naught mind you but I have just taken my daily exercise to a new level.  And it looks like I am here to stay.  I think what spinning and now Tabata have given me is a renewed vigor for jumping out of bed each morning and pardon the old cliché, a new lease on life.  It’s not 100 miles a week anymore for me but the feeling and satisfaction I get is about the same.

Now that I have been adding group exercise to my regimen I can’t be satisfied with the Napoleon Solo routine I have gotten accustomed to. In view of that fact I need to give my body a rest and this Sunday I am going to do just that.  However, along about 3 o’clock I might be tempted to go down in the basement and hit the weights but for now I’ve decided on a rest and maybe add to Kristen’s Spin Class blog while I watch Cary Grant in Destination Tokyo, 1943 on TCM. 

Spring has sprung. Didn’t it seem like a minute ago we were digging out from a ton of snow? 

April 3, T-13

No comments:

Post a Comment