Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, March 12, 2010

Breathing in the Color Blue

I love the title for today’s blog entry except for the fact that I was seeing red for 45 minutes because I was kicking my butt in class today.   Don’t get me wrong I am not complaining because I looked at myself in the mirror today and there was definitely less of me reflecting back, which is a marvelous thing. 

Kristen flowed with Zen artistry today, which is right in my zone of awareness because coming from a 12 step and philosophy acumen, the metaphors cascaded on me with visceral serenity.  What?  Okay okay it feels good. Why don’t you just say that?  Cause I am a writer, what can I say?

 Breathing in the color blue.  It made me think about not only my breath but what thoughts I allow in my head as well.  Most times we think without thinking and we have no gatekeeper to filter out the riff raff. You know those thoughts that only disempower us under the guise of trying to help us.   Those little minions of light hearted despair and negativity that hold us back from living a high-octane life.  Breathing in the color blue makes us clamor for something better something stronger and leaving words like CAN'T for those that live their lives on the periphery. 

Oh and three weeks from tomorrow, do you know what day that is April 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment