Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, March 19, 2010

Changing Octaves

Have you noticed how Kristen changes octaves?  It immediately grabs my attention.  When she changes her pitch it feels like trance induction.  As if it places me through a portal of higher consciousness and I start to moderate the feeling that I am struggling with my pedal stroke. I can go inward and I start to relax into an even stronger effort.  Sounds incredible but it as if I can put the discomfort aside if only for a few moments.

I never thought I would experience hypnosis in an anaerobic state but voila there it was. 

How much more can I learn on a stationary bike?  There is really no telling. Today I even felt my improved fitness level for the first time.  Not something I could define outside of the fact that my pedal strokes seemed smoother and my breathing was taking on a new texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment