Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Athlete in My Pajamas


Is it just a coincidence that my athletic reawakening has coincided with my writing as something I wanted to do to something that I am?   In other words the discipline to write has been replaced with afflatus as well as commitment. No longer do I have to detect the invisible wave of inspiration, I just tune the dial and the music plays.  And it’s the music of my favorite song charged with adrenaline.

I have been exercising most of my adult life and not in a thousand thoughts would I have guessed that by taking this class, and in particular Kristen’s Spin Class that I would be afforded the precious stones of metaphorical thought, writing and most importantly being. 

Pretty heady stuff but I have always known that the athlete in my pajamas was a man that was designed to change people’s lives for the better if only I stayed on the course of congruency and with the mindset of what’s in it for the other instead of myself. 

I feel so rich now because I awake at dawn each day and although I don’t get out of my pajamas instantly I am at the ready to begin something original, something exciting and something good, really good. Spinning with KG has opened the shade on my panoramic view outside my window.  And I must tell you the light shines bright.

Saturday is Kristen’s birthday and as she continues to light up the sky I am privileged to take in some of her sunlight. 

P.S.
Someone commented on our blog asking:  Just who is this Kristen? Well he is about to find out next month I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment