Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Young Atlas


A rare Thursday night spin with young Atlas, Damian. An extremely fit young man with a story in his eyes. He is following quite a list of Equinox stars, all highly skilled under the tutelage of Kristen and their own resume they brought before they arrived in Woodbury.  
Thursday nights are usually filled by the Blue Sapphire but the young star and she switched nights.  The CS was dark against the dwindling daylight and I could swear that in the left corner from my view in #16 that we had a black-light giving an almost discotheque atmosphere but the only dancing that was to take place was on our steel framed hobby horses. 
The music, framed appropriately within his spinning choreography, young Atlas has a natural cadence that fuels his eagerness to learn the chemistry of the sometimes idiosyncratic membership of this North Shore club. We pay a lot for our membership and there are those that complain more than my Grandmother in an elevator and when I heard that young Atlas’s music was well “club like” I said to myself God, if the music is not Usher or a top ten bubble gum song we have to drop notes in the suggestion box. Give this young man a chance. He has boundless energy and is damn likable to boot. This is not to say that I recognized his music, in fact I did not but I liked his courage to mix up the soup that’s not necessarily chicken noodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment