Kristen's Spin Class

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Substance and Soul


These are two words that I just listened to on an audio book of fiction by a controversial talk show host that I won’t mention for fear that his politics will get in the way of the stunning detail of how he describes the human form when viewed by another human being. 
One of the things that particularly struck me was his use of words that we process only as feelings. He makes them moving images that print on the hard drive of our memories. He does it with (or so it seems to this reader) a diamond studded use of adjectives, without being pedantic in any way shape or form.
It got me to thinking about Kristen in particular. First because this blog is about her and her elite staff.  Furthermore, because I wanted to make a deeper examination into her attraction factor. I am not talking about her physiology which is too obvious to elaborate on. I am not even talking about her outward charisma either or even her expert call she plans in depth every night for. I am ruminating about how ethereally she captures our trust and devotion to attend her classes. It must be about the energy that she exudes and that we subconsciously pick up on. It’s not something that comes up in a conversation nor is it something we even give an askance thought to.  I think it is embodied in how we feel when we are within her proximity.  She often asks us if we trust her during class and even though this is about increasing the resistance on the flywheel, I think we trust her because of her authenticity. When one is authentic they have substance and soul.  One cannot carry it off just by acting some part. Oh one can for a time I suppose, but not day in and day out. Kristen is never superficial, she only varies her intensity. Some days she is more gregarious than Nick Swisher of the Yankees and other days she is flat out riveting every time she opens her mouth. There is no throw away dialogue that is uttered only various forms of endearment, challenge and my favorite a slice of Zen philosophy.  
I thought this was just about spin class. I guess we have more here than meets the 5 senses. It’s about substance and soul.

P.S. Kristen I hope we bring tears to your eyes like you do us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment