Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, September 27, 2010

The Tholian Web


The trip into The Corso Zone part V was a bold adventure. I had just came back from a spiritual journey in Ossining and the decompression chamber looked as if I was in for a painful dose of the bends. The Corso Zone changed all that but it took every ounce of willpower I could muster.  Michelle Corso is beyond superlatives in my vocabulary, but I will always try to do my best to depict this athletic superwoman from another planet.  
Today’s class had me starting from behind as usual but even more so given my lethargic head set from the weekend.  But there is no time to lollygag, I knew that I had to get on with it and about 27 minutes in, I almost felt like I had caught up with Michelle which took a Herculean effort but that moment was fleeting and by rides end I was pedaling my heart outside my chest, and Michelle was about 2 miles ahead.  
I am in love with the Corso Zone. This class is outer worldly, it is the only way to describe it. She tackles the ride as if we were headed up and down Mount Olympus. I love it because I hate it. There is no time for rest and Michelle put it perfectly when she said at one point: You’re still working but technically you are recovering.  I so heard that because after every powerful set the rest we think we need is an illusion. As I drop off from some perceived maximum, I am still in discomfort and all I can hope for is to drop my heart rate anything else will just have to wait until the hour is up and I have landed back on earth. 
Left-right-left-right keeps me in tempo and focused. The Corso Zone is the challenge  I ask that you take. Whatever you may have thought, think again.  Michelle hit me with Greg Kihn and had me flying. Listen if you get a chance and yes you can spin to it.  
The Greg Kihn Band: The Breakup Song  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLFfSDEA26o

No comments:

Post a Comment