Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Young Atlas Finding His Way


Young Damian continues on his quest to mark his own territory in the company of professional instructors at our club.  It is no easy task because each of those that came before him have long resumes of accomplishment and critical acclaim, as well as certifications that have marked those reputations. 
He has only opened the door of his personality a crack, he has yet to unleash his own firebrand of 21st century spin.  I know it’s there, I can see it in his eyes.  His choreography is different yet I can still dance to it.  He has the movements well orchestrated, it is only a matter of time before we all cock our heads and take notice that he is here to stay. (I hope)
 Some of the music is unfamiliar, but so is the hip-hop that litters the top 10 in pop music today. I would never have given a sound byte to this urban prose that is computer generated and truly lacking in charm if not engaging melodies. Since I am committed to spin I take the music cuisine as a diet of asparagus (which I hate) and process the percussion, and leave the husks of what people call music as just bad illiteration.  
Kristen’s staff is eclectic but it all works like a finely tuned machine. She has a fine engine and the mechanic in her keeps it all running without misfire. And anyone who enters her lair must have innate talent. So does this young man, which Kristen has recognized as sheer excellence in the making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment