Kristen's Spin Class

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

After 6 Hours of School


The next time I write about Mr. Fantastic I expect that I will be motivated just like I was this morning only more so. As noted previously, Tripp has lost his Samson locks but that hasn’t dampened his spirit or his energy in our CS.  The 830 am show was booked to capacity and there was something distinctively different outside of the shorn locks. It hit me that his soliloquy this day carried a lilting quality that seemed to lift the room even higher than his usual magnetism.  Throughout the session all I could see were beaming faces and knowing smiles. This doesn’t happen every day except right here, right now. 
There was a song by the Beach Boys from the 60’s and it starts out with the lyrics: After 6 hours of school I’ve had enough for the day, I hit the radio dial and turn it up all the way. I gotta dance, dance, dance now the beats really hot. And from this song I can capture the essence of how viscerally I am affected by this man from another solar system. He may not be exactly out of the Ivy league school of spin instructors, but his repertoire brings out the same effort and I walk out as if I just woke up from a dream and I don’t know where I am.  And it doesn’t seem to matter because I know I am coming back again because as much as I love schooled spin instruction, nothing beats recess.  
Unfortunately fun has to end (except in the world of Pee Wee Herman), and when we all came to a stop and released the road on our red dials the class broke out into a simultaneous applause. It was remarkable, just like the Ed Sullivan show and the Beatles had just finished their song, everyone knew what to do, and that was to put their hands together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment