Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, September 17, 2010

Shooting Stars


As I watched him jump up and down this morning I reflected on a young boy who had snuck down the stairs before Christmas dawn and spied that bicycle he was wishing for and he just couldn’t hide his glee. 
A 7:15 show today in the CS had a packed house in a 45 minute version of Mr. Fantastic. The hour excursions into fantasyland go quick enough, and these shorter versions are like shooting stars, they are over much too soon. In the beginning for me some 7 plus months ago, I would be constantly looking at the clock hoping to move it just a bit faster because I couldn’t wait for the ride to end, now it’s the antithesis, I am always disappointed when the hour has evaporated.  And when Mr. Mayhem is at the controls it’s just like my father calling me home for supper and I have to stop playing my favorite game of punchball in the street.  
Today I had an experience that was rather startling. The young rider next to me on several occasions mirrored my moves on the resistance dial. They did not coincide with Tripp’s call, it was rather as if an invisible hand had brushed us both and moved our hands simultaneously. There is a collective consciousness here in this room and every once in a while it appears like an apparition. 
Two songs on the airwaves have captured my imagination. One is Chasing Cars and the other Kristen introduced me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment