Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kristen Doctrine


Kristen responded to my post “Swan Song”. It was and you can read for yourself, priceless.

You can be getting burnt out. If you are, you need to limit the number of times you cycle a week, to something more like 2-3 times a week and make sure you take some other kinds of workouts 2-3 times a week. Also remember, we want to do things in our "workout life" that has longevity in it. Something that we can do throughout the next few decades, not the next few months. The beauty about cycling (and I've been teaching it since 1995) is every level of participant can find success in it. I've done it thru two pregnancies, family deaths, one divorce, hand surgery (rode with my hand wrapped and in a sling), with the flu, with a bad heal spur, etc. Its like an old friend that never leaves me no matter how dismal my day is or how drained my life feels. I find solitude in it, even with all of the riders around me. I meditate on the bike and I celebrate every fiber of my being that has good health and life in it. Don't beat yourself up on the bike, rather let it guide you and allow it to become a "partner" in your quest for oh - so - much - more than just fitness.



No comments:

Post a Comment