Kristen's Spin Class

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Foreign Correspondent



Today was another foray deep into foreign territory and Kristen bless her heart let the cat out of the bag when she exposed my real intentions as the author of our blog. I might now be indicted for not having a full access pass and the attorneys are hard at work covering my tracks with a forged version.  Fortunately I have fairly close ties with the general manager at the home office.   Woodbury has been my home since its inception in 2003 and Roslyn has never been more than a fly over with illegitimate passes from my upper echelon friends.  However, now that my spy cover has been blown I have to just come clean with both clubs and beg for your indulgence. 

Today was indeed a great class because the energy in the room felt great even though most of you in Roslyn are strangers to me.  But somehow Kristen is adroit at bringing us together as if by some mysterious incantation.  Not very mysterious in reality, she is just very talented.  The acoustics are different and the lighting without windows makes for a meditative ride. 

  I am starting to notice a definable improvement in a smoother pedal stroke and although I am out of breath for a good portion of the spin I am starting to become more efficient in terms of the power I feel in my legs and I am witnessing a faster RPM.  A hundred days in and I have shed 10 pounds and I can feel my heart rate moving to a higher zone before I go anaerobic. 

Foreign Correspondent was the idea that flashed across my inspiration window on my way to Roslyn today and I am glad I made it because it was truly a convivial one. I invite your thoughts as always.

P.S.
The rider next to me named Tina inspired the next entry I will call it Tri-Focal.

No comments:

Post a Comment