Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tabula Rasa


Spring calls for tabula rasa, a blank slate.  I think of not just erasing the blackboard but taking a sponge to it to remove all the chalk to start anew with fresh etchings for the week ahead.

I have a side bar that Kristen can add to called: Kristen Doctrine.  I have thought of adding one more and that is Kristen Zen. At a recent class she said:  That we have to take care of ourselves first before anyone else. If we don’t, we will be useless to anyone else.  She used the oxygen mask dropping down on a plane metaphor to drive home the point. It was well taken by yours truly. This thought nails it to the wall for me in that the time here in our CS   is invaluable, because there is nothing more important than the care of our mind and bodies. That is why I put exercise and in particular the sessions in KSC high on my agenda to enhance everything else I hold dear in my life.

Okay enough Jack my cerebral cortex has a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment