Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Tony Award



Do they give Tony’s for Spin instructors?  Just a passing thought on my way in to my usual place on line to sign up for the remaining 10 seats this cloudy cool Thursday.  I keep coming back to the thought that in order for there to be this continuous full house each time Kristen leads the charge has to be on account of that it’s just great theater.  Most of us all have favorite actors; mine are Cary Grant, William Powell, Sidney Poitier and Meryl Streep.  You fill in your own blanks whether they are modern day thespians or those that graced what they called back in the 1930’s and 40’s, the silver screen. What they all possessed for me is that they believed in the characters they were portraying.  It is never wooden because it all seems so natural as if they were born into the role.    We all love good acting and we hate bad acting. And remember when I talk about acting here I am not talking about a fictitious portrayal, I am talking about an individual performance that is passionately pure and mirrors what’s on the inside as to what we see on the outside.  My wife is like this but she can’t spin so I cast my Academy vote for Kristen Gagne.  Whether you agree or not is not important because the supporting cast at Equinox Woodbury are all capable of winning supporting cast awards. And Kristen has had a hand in their success because she takes diamonds and polishes them. 

Someone just asked if Kristen was teaching today and I felt  this rock hit the bottom of my stomach, as I am still 3rd and its 5 minutes to sign up time.  It’s okay I tell myself because I am writing about one of my favorite subjects, KSC.  And even if she is not here, what am I saying?  Breathe in through your nose and let the nostrils flare.  It seems to work most of the time.  Oh well I will find out soon enough.  This will be a postscript to today’s entry. 


P.S.

Okay much to my relief Kristen’s shining physiology appeared as if by magic and my fears were allayed.  And I have to tell you she was in a stern mood today.  She was admonishing us quite a few times. At one point she said: “Who’s Talking?” Kristen takes what she does very seriously and she just proved it yet again.  And I said to myself that her staff might be getting a dose of fire and brimstone so they had better watch their collective P’s and Q’s. 







No comments:

Post a Comment