Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Blue Sapphire


As I dressed while the rest of my household remained in somnolent repose, this Easter Sunday, I ventured out the door albeit half-heartedly over to our club, Equinox.  I planned on spinning in the CS by myself for about a half hour. This past week had me quite proud of myself having completed 3 classes with Kristen.   Little did I realize that there were two classes left when I arrived, one in progress and one at 1015. I stopped and talked to Peter about what I was witnessing in front of me, as he was pounding out 45 minutes on the stationary bike, it was a frenetic diminutive figure, Carolyn Mellace. She was in progress in the Main Studio with Cardio Intervals. Instantly I saw a fiery magnificence complete with flashing eyes and neon like smile. Peter shook his head and said she was very talented and lamented the fact that she was only here two days a week.

I wasn’t even sure I could make a 4th class in one week as I am no pro like most of the constituents of KSC can boast.  However only because a new acquaintance of mine, Teresa had asked me if I was spinning today did I find myself once again perched atop a  seat this time it was  #8.   So I thank you Teresa.  To my left was another familiar face Cindy and she suggested the title today be: Sundays with Carolyn.  Way too tame I had decided  after this 60-minute session had concluded. Mellace had me touching anaerobic and her mesmerizing smile had me taking it to the limit one more time. 

Her style quite different than Kristen but nonetheless engaging enough for me to play this B side again maybe many more times.  Kristen handpicks these instructors and she picked out a blue sapphire in Carolyn.   Carolyn filleted me but she did it with a smile and staring blue eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment