Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, April 19, 2010

My Imaginarium



Funny how this 90-day idiom that AA espoused works because it seems like it is the basis for every clock that measures how long we should give something in order for it to reveal itself as to what applicability it has in our lives.  It worked for the first time when I stopped drinking, because once I stopped imbibing for 90 days I had a foothold on my recovery. Fortunately for me it stuck the first time and is still running into my 21st year. 

Take this spin class for instance, as I near 90 days several things have been revealed to me along the way.  First off I have cemented my dedication to my writing in terms of regularity, content and if you would believe my readers; pithiness.  Second my level of fitness has taken a noticeable leap forward in terms of lowering my weight and raising my heart rate in terms of what is tolerable at the upper limits.  Emotionally there is something self-satisfying about when my eyes open I am energetically seeking alignment instead of playing cat and mouse with it.  Dare I mention spirituality?  It might seem too ethereal for there to be a connection between my spirituality and spinning but when we take our imaginarium like rides in each class we take off into an invisible world within our own psyches. And for me this journey is a recipe that I cook up and it is in the simmering that my felt sense is awakened to a world that is outside myself. A journey that relieves me of the burden of the egocentric life that can consume and prevent me from seeing what is really relevant and what is just garnish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment