Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Under the Influence


Tracey and I were talking about our two favorite spin instructors and let’s face it to have two inspirational trainers in one gym is a little like having a stacked lineup in baseball. Since this is KSC it would be easy to talk about how easy Kristen is on the eyes but it’s so not about that even though she is beauteous and has a remarkable physiology. She’s a mom who deeply loves her offspring and although I cannot attest firsthand a great friend too. I won’t comment about the other aspects of her life, but you just know she gives her heart and soul to those parts of her life as well.  And with that foundation we wind up with the personality we all clamor to ride with and that is why we all like to ‘sweat’ with her. 

Nancy Kaplan’s words resonate with me even more deeply this morning because although we are not fighting for our lives or in a foxhole, taking our exercise regimen as seriously as we do brings a kinship that we don’t necessarily experience unless it is our BFF or significant other. Casual acquaintances pale by comparison as we take our bodies and our internal resolve to levels some friendships cannot measure up to. And when someone is facing hardship in our ‘community’ the prayer if you will is a laser that helps heal the wounds of life. Sound too ‘hokey’ like a Hall & Oates song? Maybe, but so what. 

In yesterday’s post I was lamenting selfishly about the Evil Woman’s choreography because to me she only plays Billboard’s Top 40 and that’s okay up to a point but today she was a woman under the influence. Did you notice that her play list did not resemble anything like what she usually plates for us? I noticed and even though she didn’t play the low energy aforementioned Hall & Oates it was unique almost as singular as she is. I love when she is playful like she was today and she made me smile so broadly explaining that this is her class and she can do what she wants to. This I know but today she was a woman under the influence of my pen and I will always remember this day. Thank you Kristen you are indeed a sweet lady.  (Can I say lady?)  




No comments:

Post a Comment