Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Great Expectations


Saturday  in Kristen’s class and in a rare moment for me when I had lost focus, said “No Expectations”. I thought that odd out of context but as I came back into alignment I took it to mean that I could relax into my forte. Today like never before I felt my strength in the pedal stroke that gave me a sense of a powerful effort without strain. My face was relaxed, my timing was consistent and my breathing, oh my God my breathing was more in my control than it ever was.  No expectations? This was totally unexpected and that is why I have Great Expectations in the days and months ahead.  

Saturday KSC was as usual booked solid with a waiting list of 8 beyond the seated 55 and the hot ticket lives on with the Queen of Spin. And she was the ultimate “spin doctor” today weaving her extemporaneous soliloquy in with her encyclopedic knowledge of exercise physiology. It always seems to flow and when you speak Kristen, We do care what you say make no mistake we want your charisma which is why we’re here but we also want your acumen on how we are evolving right before your eyes.  (You know I don’t know the color of her eyes). 

I got to sit down before class with my favorite face couple Lizzie and Ari today and as we talked the mutual admiration they have for each other was shining like the most visible star in the heavens and with the purity of Ivory Soap before Marilyn Chambers took on a new vocation.  It just felt so good to sidle up to these two because they got me out of me. Please if you don’t know these young ones, you’re missing something their energy is contagious.  

Great Expectations. I have great expectations without having to expect too much.  



No comments:

Post a Comment