Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trust Mommy Part II


Who else can we trust but Mommy when it comes to spinning for 90 minutes?  When we put our mind and body in her hands she never lets us down and her adroitness is unparalleled in terms of form and substance. In other words there is never a worry that we won’t make it to the finish.  She knows exactly how to squeeze everything out of us, yet when we are done we are ready for the next day. And she makes it all so entertaining as only she can do in her very singular and iconic way.   The Evil Woman is never the same and as I have said many times I am not in love with her choreography but she is always working at her craft to get better and better. There is no room for resting on her already many laurels. She will never sit still for complacency and we also know there is nothing average about her.  

I love to writer about her because she has inspired me these past 16 months and I have recaptured the enthusiasm of my youth and as a result I don’t feel 60. And the way we work out I will never feel old.  I don’t know Kristen that well personally but she is one the most personable persons I know. I am so glad I made that decision to blog about her because it has given me incentive for my 14 other blogs.  Thank you KG.  

I was so surprised how quick yesterdays class went to. It was over in a blink. I used to think: How was I going to get through a whole hour? Now I look at the clock and am wishing it would slow down, but of course it never does. The time in the Lavender Palace is the part of my day that I cherish and health permitting will never give up. 

And the friends that I have met spinning at Equinox have blown me away. People like Mary, Dana, Debbie, Tripp  and David have made me realize that it is still possible to make friends and ones that genuinely care.  I love that.  

Have I fawned enough here? Maybe it’s because I had a spiritual awakening yesterday in Tripp’s class. I promise that the next entry will feature my curmudgeon like demeanor.  





No comments:

Post a Comment