Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, June 24, 2011

Stepping Stones


 I have been stumbling of late and out of time with my spin regimen like today when I was going to blow off Tripp and Kristen and sit at home and lament my plight. There are times one must just push through the thoughts that inhabit the mind no matter how legitimate they may seem and get up and move. A.A. says bring the body and the mind will follow. That’s exactly what I had to do today and I got lucky because it was a half-day, last day of school and those that populate KSC in 8 seconds left an opening for me and I jumped on it. 

Most of my perspectives in class have been from the center of the CS in row 3 or in the first row but today I found myself in deep left field in #41 and completely out of sight from the Evil Woman. It did leave me with the thought I could just lollygag through what is always a breathless experience.  And except for the last five minutes of class I followed diligently along to Kristen’s call.  For the first time I felt like an outsider to this exclusive club but feelings aren’t facts and my emotional malaise will pass in time.  

Stumbling blocks make for difficult passage especially when traveling in the dark or when we have excuses to just stay in bed. However stumbling blocks can turn into stepping-stones, it’s all in the lens we choose and if we decide that problems are just situations and are really another growth opportunity presenting itself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment