Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Woodbury Safari


It seems I have gotten away from my reports from one of my favorite Equinox professionals and that’s The Blue Sapphire, Carolyn Mellace. She was fresh from her first class on Sunday called Cardio Boot camp. A real killer diller I am told.  Ari sitting on the benches in the common area near the locker rooms was   looking quite beleaguered. He was all in from his experience and I for one was glad that I only had to fulfill one hour with the lithesome lambster. 

Although the day beckoned with a beautiful sunshine that has been so rare this spring, it was yet another chance to play with our new consoles Kristen had unveiled for us on Saturday. One of the drawbacks of our new toys at least initially was the fact that today I couldn’t seem to keep my eyes off the screen. With my glasses cascading sweat down my lenses, I was still able to see through my self-induced rain shower and get acclimated to my own pace.  I think these consoles will also help me take away some of the guesswork that I still am challenged with and that’s that red wheel. And secondly it really is keeping me from drifting too low after a breakaway as seems to be my wont as I described in my last entry. I even got to experiment and see what 120 RPM’s was like in the sitting position without bouncing too much off the seat.  I had a mental block about speeds over 100 RPM’s but maybe it’s not as daunting as I first had anticipated.   I do think that when the “watts” feature is added it will be the missing chess piece that will complete the full strategy Kristen and her staff can employ to make  our ride the most efficient ever.  

Carolyn was looking ferocious this morning and before she boarded for our safari she had the look of a hungry lioness with her full long blonde mane. I knew we were either going to get eaten or we would join her in the mission of destroying fat cells. 





No comments:

Post a Comment