Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Special Edition KSC


So good that I did not prepare for an hour and a half with the Queen of Spin today lest I be recalcitrant and opt for a ticket to ride tomorrow instead. But I know that I can “Trust Mommy” feeling secure that she will bring us along at just the right challenging pace to leave us spent but with just enough recovery for Thursday.  

And that she did, as I am here to report. The Evil Woman was spectacular today even though I hated just about every song she played. I was hoping that with 90 minutes she might relent and play one of my “hokey” songs but alas it was her rhythm of the road that just leaves me tone deaf at times. No matter her charisma and charm trump music selections every time. It was indeed a great ride.  

After my two episodes of precipitous glucose drops, I was totally prepared. I had my Gator Ade, protein bites and some glucose tablets, the latter being supplied to me by our Guardian Angel who does everything and anything for everybody without a word behind the scenes. Those of you who read KSC know whom I am talking about. 

Nancy Kaplan who I didn’t think read any of my blogs came up to me after class today and wished me well on my own bumpy terrain and then added something even more special. She said that although most of us don’t spend time together outside the club we do form a closeness in the hour or so that we do and that we do care for one another. Nancy Kaplan, she just doesn’t look great and shop she is one of the Sweet Hearts of KSC.  Thank you Nancy.  





No comments:

Post a Comment