Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Silver Bullet


Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings at a single bound. Who is this is modern physical marvel of athleticism? It’s Michelle Corso who gets my vote for the Empress of Fitness. This crown belongs to her in certitude because as I watched her in the main studio before today’s class in the  CS I saw an indefatigable athlete whose stamina might rival a Navy Seal.  In other words she can kick my ass. And she does when I have the courage to take her spin class.  

Always ready to learn something new and when I do it never fails to vault up my enthusiasm even higher and The Silver Bullet, Michelle Corso did exactly that today. In KSC I have been trying to get the RPM’s up over 100 but my internal switchboard was having a mental block. Today however, with proper resistance on the red wheel I flirted with 125, which is as close to a speeding bullet as this old man is going to get. And when I was able to pull that off, my RPM’s in #3 increased by about 15. I was in utter amazement.  What was that? Was it because I was training my legs to move faster through the zone than ever before that my pedal stroke got faster?  I think that the answer is yes.  This became quite a feat for me because too often I get trapped into keeping the resistance wheel way too high. And when I am asked to move to the higher revolutions, I am reticent that my legs can’t pull it off.  Today I was able to dispel this myth of the mind. 

I love to train with Michelle and one day when I am fit I will take her sneaker class but until then I will keep my spin shoes on and sit and stand and marvel as she takes me through The Corso Zone.  




No comments:

Post a Comment