Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cee Lo and The Blue Sapphire to the Rescue


While I wasn’t in the mood for spin today I am glad that I did it anyway. I was feeling emotionally lethargic and I was bordering on depression. But the presence of familiar faces like Ari and Lizzie and the fact that Carolyn Mellace, The Blue Sapphire was teaching, I pressed on through the muddied waters that are my life right now. Mud settles eventually to the bottom and before long I will start to see things more clearly for what they are rather than what they feel like. 

Who said spinning was just riding a stationary bike? He must have been riding in an empty studio because cycling is my meditation that can actually take me out of any altered state I am in and put me in another one. Feeling like I was almost going through the motions this morning I was hoping for an escape to Witch Mountain and it came about 11:15. As fortuitousness would have it Carolyn plated: Forget You by Cee Lo Green. It was just what the doctor ordered because it launched me right out from under my malaise. I began to feel on even keel again and it reinforced what NLP* taught me that and me was that: Motion Creates Emotion. It would have been easier to turn to in my bed and keep the A/C on high and pretend to be in the somnolent state until this Sunday in particular was over.  

Feelings aren’t facts is what a 1935 12 step program espoused but today the fiction of emotion almost kept me in repose, I am most grateful I jumped my own fence.  

*NLP: Neuro Linguistic Programming. 

P.P.S.
11 More posts will make 300 of these short vignettes. I don't know where the time has gone but the discipline to write, hone my God given talent lies in the writing of KSC. All of my blogs thank you. If you have anything to share my readers, ( I know you are there) please do. 







No comments:

Post a Comment