Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Breathless


One thing I am learning in my daily forays into this world of spinning is that being out of breath is starting to be comfortable in a sadistic way. Never did I think even during my running days that in the anaerobic state that I could be comfortable being out of breath. I guess I have rationalized that each time I spin it brings me closer to the fitness I felt as a long distance runner, where virtually every workout honed me for a faster time in my next race. I am not racing anymore but the feeling I am getting as I enter  into my 60’s is that this is for my own personal satisfaction and that I have recaptured a portion of those days when I could run as much as 62 miles in 8 hours or run up the Empire State Buildings staircase.

1 comment:

  1. You are in a state of oxygen deprivation which causes your brain to create a state of euphoria. The human body needs adequate oxygen to function properly. Make the appropriate adjustments.

    ReplyDelete