Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Level 42


There is something about her because she elevates me to Level 42. * Today she was game on!

What’s better than a fiery Kristen? Give up? A very happy Kristen Gagne that’s who. I love when she has an edge on and is near intolerant of any inconsistencies.    But there are times like today that I just love being in her class because she’s totally entertraining. Like when she belts out a very serious phrase and is quick to laugh as if she didn’t hear herself the first time saying it. She had me smiling every minute because she can laugh at herself, that’s so cool.

 Every once in awhile she will give out an individual specific lesson and today I was the recipient of that specificity as only she can give. I have become in a sense complacent about how hard I am working and I am not compensating for the fact that I have improved markedly in the past 15 months, and what was challenging for me before is now done with relative ease. And when she said: “That’s too slow” after a surge I was brought back to reality. God I love her for that. Any time she is critical you know it’s you she’s thinking about. She demands excellence and I am sure as all of us are, that’s one reason why we come back every day.

I did love that girly girl thing she did today about how  some riders are about not wanting to sweat too much,  are here to burn only a modicum of calories and then  being on their way. I for the life of me can’t conceive that anyone is like that in this class.  Kristen if we are in this class we are here because we want to kick our collective Asses and it’s your magic wand that is getting us into the shape of our lives. Maybe you see something this rider doesn’t from your vantage point but before long those riders will drop out of sight. 

And there is something about Saturday night. 

P.S.
I thought I was done with this but it came up again today. From my bike #3 I can see the rider under the clock. Now there are many of us who love this man but he was skylarking, chatting, putting a towel on his head during class and sitting in the saddle when he was told specifically by the Evil Woman to get in position 3. But no he just did as he pleased. This just can’t go on. ☺




 * Level 42: Something About You 1986
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-dx9xe44W0

Cee Lo Green: Bright Lights Bigger City. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBhdIcb84Hw


No comments:

Post a Comment