Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Woman in Black


An unusual visual of the Evil Woman today, bedecked all in black from neck to foot including her wristwatch had me wondering just a bit because she is usually dressed in the colors of the rainbow. It did seem to mirror the seriousness of her attitude and my take was oh oh we’re in for it. And we were as we usually are on detoxification Monday. 

David Cooper back after an injury and on his birthday yet, had his first exposure to “the surge” and I could tell he liked it as I do because it provides another dimension to the kind of pedal stroke I really like because for me the “breakaway” has never been an interval that I am totally comfortable with.

When KG says: Breakaway!  I can see her pedal stroke moving at the speed of light and some of the other women of spin who have perfected this segment of the ride do it so gracefully, but I have always felt that I am this close to an injury because of my own perception of the high RPM’s. The “surge” however has me always with enough road on and although my speed is much lower than the breakaway I know that my effort matches my resistance.  Maybe as my fitness grows so will my comfortability with the “Breakaway”.

Oh and the Woman in Black? She about midway doffed her black T and became colorful again with a dark salmon top. Salmon colored? Not bad for a guy unless of course I have the color wrong. 

Just a short note about that man that rides under the clock. I won’t say his name but he has a shaved head and wore a bright yellow Nike shirt today. He is the head miscreant that leads the back row astray every single morning and some of the newbie’s are being corrupted into thinking that skylarking is an acceptable practice in KSC. This is clearly not the case. However, he is having the time of his life isn’t he? I may have to take myself out of #3 and see what all the commotion is about.  

8 comments:

  1. Be careful what you wish for! The back row is a dangerous place to ride...perhaps I will shock the house and ride in the FRONT row...but who will guard the clock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the military school I went to skylarking was 15 demerits and a second offense meant you lost weekend liberty. You sir probably would be confined to base for the whole semester. I think I am telling teacher to put you on double secret probation effective immediately.
    The Editor in Chief

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Jack. I, as well, get distracted by you know who. He thinks he is better than the rest with his shaved head. Makes you question if the tan is real or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? What a shame that you are so easily distracted. Perhaps if you were an athlete as Kristen always reminds us what separates the athlete from the average you would be able to stay focused on YOU and your ride. How do you know what he thinks? Why do you think he believes he is better than the rest? Actually more fit so if that is better than so be it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hink the previous comment was in jest and since this line of confab was in fun I don't think anyone thinks they know what anyone thinks. It is impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tan is real

    ReplyDelete