Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Five-Minute Rule


I got shut out today from The Blue Sapphire this Easter morning and my session ended up Napoleon Solo on a lone bike outside Studio 1, where I was joined coincidentally by Michele and Kocaj. I guess I just didn’t have enough impetus to make the class on time this morning because I was up at dawn but I lollygagged and young Liz had absconded my bike. No sour grapes I didn’t move my ass.  Rules are rules but they have to be carried out consistently and that’s not done all the time. 

As I listened to Michele I pedaled to a moderate resistance, and she  made a convincing argument that I needed to try either Fire or VIPR or TRX. Spin is just fabulous but if done correctly it’s only a lower body exercise and since taking up spin in earnest in February of last year I have all but abandoned my weight workout routine. Maybe just maybe I have finally heard the call and will try Maureen who I hear is fantastic at TRX or Kocaj with EQ: 360 or Fire as its known in its shortened version. I was looking at that piece of equipment and Michele said it was as if the Bosu and the trampoline had given birth and the result was the EQ 360. It would seem like it is more stable than the Bosu but not as elastic as the trampoline. I am just speculating about what it is all about, but I am definitely going to give it a try.  

I see that Telly’s class is booked for the 8:30 and so I think its time for CSI or the Corso zone on Monday morning. 

Spin Notes: I see that young Dana has made her recovery and is back to running and spinning. I also would like to point out that two relatively new members Rose and Margaret are helping sponsor a charity cycle ride on the 5th of May at the Vanderbilt Planetarium at 7 PM.  Sounds like a theme ride in an unusual place and I will report back to you on that experience. 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting again. I def need to do more upper body workouts too!

    ReplyDelete