Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In Absentia


Disappointed is what I was when I discovered there was no 1215 spin with Svengali today because of the holiday schedule. My friend Robin was more than a little chagrined because she was really looking forward to it. I might have just more experience doing it Napoleon Solo as I have sometimes reported. However my friend Jesse happened to be in house and we spun together and the time passed almost as quickly even though our resident stars were in absentia. 

No music? No problem the conversation was spirited and because I have a natural affinity towards this devout family and successful businessman my pleasure was double mint good.  It is people like Jesse and my friend Debbie Jensen that make time at Equinox often the best parts of my day.  No Tripp? No Kristen? They have their lives too and will be back in the saddle “faster than you can say Jack Robinson”* I didn’t have to dance alone today and it was as the new age phrase goes: It was all good. 







*Jack Robinson: This expression originated in the 1700s, but the identity of Jack Robinson has been lost. Grose's Classical Dictionary (1785) said he was a man who paid such brief visits to acquaintances that there was scarcely time to announce his arrival before he had departed (Dictionary.com, n.d.).

No comments:

Post a Comment