Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, April 17, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different Part II


It’s been brought to my attention that I am addicted to spin and being an alcoholic it would make sense to check in with that possibility. However, 21 and ½ years plus without a drink makes it crystal clear when any activity gets just a bit out of hand.  Not that I am an expert mind you but when I woke up Saturday I had no gas for the pedal stroke and after doing two doubles during the week it was just not in the cards.  Fast forward to this morning and I felt reticent again even though The Blue Sapphire, Carolyn Mellace is awfully hard to resist.  And so I decided that I would relegate my exercise today to my new mountain bike and prepare for the Corso Zone  (CSI) Monday morning.  

However, my friend Debbie Jensen had a different suggestion. That was to take a Yoga class here in the next town that was perfect for me the neophyte and didn’t hold back the experts like she and the other classmates I found there. I knew that my core strength would serve me well but the sourdough pretzel, which is my body, might find me in pieces and not a pretty sight on my rubber mat.  

Lo and behold I didn’t break and I learned the extended triangle pose or Trikonasana and with a little help, Chandrasana, which made me, feel that I could get to like this. My friend Jesse has helped me with some basics including breathing but this was the first time in several years that I decided to take a class without too much thought else I might have passed on the opportunity.  I am convinced that for the longevity I seek in spin I must take at least one yoga or Pilates class every week. 

I know I have waxed poetic about some of the friends I have made in KSC and one in particular I wanted to pour it on about, and that’s Debbie Jensen who I kid about being a Prom Queen (which she was). And even though her looks are a double take make no mistake this woman is a red ruby to have as a friend because she is authentic and never ever condescending and has an intuition that is nothing short of miraculous. Thank you DJ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment