Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Who Loves Ya Baby?


Looks like him somewhat, no? 

The first and only time I met Kojak I was running on the boardwalk in Long Beach in 1975. He was just standing there watching the sunset and I was training for the New York Marathon before it moved out of Central Park and as I slowed my pace to a crawl to tell him how much I loved watching him on TV, just like every other fool, he was so gracious and motioned his thanks.  And as I felt compelled to stop, his countenance softened even more and he told me he used to live here years ago and asked how was my running coming? It remains a fond memory that I will never forget. He was by himself an by the time I made my turn around on my return trip home there was a crowd of about 50 surrounding him and he looked as at home as he was when he was standing there alone. 

Fast forward 36 years and I woke up this morning spinning with his reincarnation, John Kocaj. Maybe he spells it a little differently now to avoid publicity but the resemblance is uncanny. This time he is much more fit and leading us as a substitute instructor for the vacationing Kristen. Most of the faithful showed but there was more than a few that stayed in bed because teacher wasn’t there. However, they missed a man truly dedicated and I am sure he will find himself quite at home with the star-studded lineup that is Equinox Woodbury.  

Kocaj or Kojak it still spells entertainment. John, we wish you the best of luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment