Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, April 18, 2011

Roses Are Red


I haven’t heard that that piece of doggerel in quite some time. It has its origins back to 1590 with Sir Edmund Spenser and his epic The Faerie Queene. I came to this title today because one of the twins of Margaret and Rose appeared in Young Atlas’s class today. I will get to the young redhead in just a bit. 

It has been a dog’s age since I have scribed about our young Damian and he replacing Michelle Corso who was replacing Kristen in the Main Studio was principally the reason why but he was awesome nonetheless.  I would love to cover more instructors but I only have one pair of legs and as I discovered last week too many sessions leaves me virtually on fumes.  

I absolutely loved the choreography today as it included some visceral favorites of mine. Damian loves the re-mix route and that’s cool as long as I can make out the backbeat like when he played: You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon. He had a great showing despite the fact that it is a double holiday this week with Passover and Easter. You have to like this kid Vella he has an intensity about him and a plan each time I have had the good fortune to saddle up.  

Now about Ms. Rose O’Connor, my redheaded young friend. She approached me about a cause she is emotionally attached to. It’s at the Vanderbilt Museum (that’s close by isn’t it?) on Thursday evening May 5 from 7 to 830 PM, Image Cycling is sponsoring the 10th Anniversary of Aids Lifecycle.  As soon as I can solicit my engineer friend to place the image and details, you will have it forthwith.  Until then see you in spin.  




1 comment:

  1. It just so happens that i love fairy tales and will be going to school next year in England to study them-

    ReplyDelete