Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Back Up the Tonka Truck


And what happens after that moment? We unload! That’s exactly what we did today in KSC. How many times have I said this: Today was the toughest class I have ever taken. I have lost count but it’s probably a hundred times. But I believe it to be true each and every time I say it, and today was no exception. The last 5 minutes I felt like I was going to fail and trip at the finish line. I was so out of gas. 

However, I must make a huge confession. And some of my friends might call me out and send me on my way to my cardiologist. Remember two weeks ago when I said I was in atrial fibrillation just before I started class? And I cogitated that I could simply exercise right out of the rapid-fire heartbeat?  It worked then but….

 Well today I had another episode and spinning did not bear out my layman’s theory as I stayed in my ‘event’ the whole ride. So back to square one on theory, which I will refrain from speaking about, until I get my PhD. Did I do myself a mischief? Or was it not a problem? I do have visions of God calling me home and me finding myself on a spin bike simply slumping forward. Not to worry though because Louis or Peter will simply come in and scrape me off #3 and within minutes you can all be back at it as if nothing happened. 

Were you watching the Evil Woman today? This high-spirited athlete who is about to turn 39 had it all going on today.  Between back row admonishments and her Zen like positive affirmations and her sprinkled winks you can’t help but love her. She cares so much it has to hurt so good for all of us. It’s almost as if I have  come to the place that I luxuriate in the discomfort knowing how much good I am doing my aging but fit physiology.  Someone asked me if I was spinning with the Kristenettes today? I can’t think of another group that I feel so privileged to be a part of than my spin classmates with Kristen Gagne. 

Back up the Tonka Truck! I never hold back my effort in these 60-minute intervals, because there is only one hour a day that I can be absolutely certain that a negative thought will not cross the theater of my mind, and that is the hour I am spinning in KSC.  

Want to read more from Jack Briant? Try right here.
http://jackbriant.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. You are a crazy man dead set on self distruction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I would consider that a compliment of the highest order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was referring to "crazy man" comment about you! I'd see THAT as a compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self destruction is never a desired outcome even though it might seem that way to the casual observer. Spinning is an addiction I cannot dispute that but unlike substance one can do without it for a time.

    ReplyDelete