Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hell & Heaven


Friday

Maybe it was just me but I got the feeling Friday that either Evil Woman was letting us off the hook because it was her first day back from Mexico or my spinning capabilities had improved markedly in the last week. I do know that I am improving but I also have to believe that Kristen was just going easy on us as she seemed to have this laissez-faire attitude rather than a Rihanna approach of chains and whips. That’s what I saw from #3 anyway. 

It’s good to have the now bronze beauty back and leading her flock and as spring hits full stride the summer is next up in a flash so we better crank that red dial to the right because the Queen of Spin is always alluding to stripping down to our near nethers into skimpy bathing attire. We can see that she is ready now it’s our turn. Although there are plenty of our spin mates that have nothing to shed like the Prom Queen for instance.  But if some of us are to look good in the altogether time is running out of the hourglass for Dorothy.   I see that shrinking man in the mirror but I still have a long way to go before I shed the T-shirt like I could do easily at 45. 

But no matter if we do get to our bathing suits or not in the summer of ’11, our fitness is climbing a ladder of success every session in the Lavender Palace.  

Saturday 

I said to Kristen how much difference a day makes. And I write this piece as a two-part episode of KSC because two rides could not have been more different than they were from Friday and Saturday. And at the outset know it’s all-good. The major difference today was she was as Don said: “back in the groove”. Even in vacation mode she’s good but there was no comparison from what she got out of us today as compared to yesterday. 

Have you noticed that there appears to be as Evil Woman puts it: New Blood in the room? It’s unmistakable because the energy has more amperage but that’s just my take. I love when new people arrive because it adds a vitality that is just indescribable like Almond Joy. What do you think? It’s always great to have new members and every time I see one in the locker room I introduce myself just to lend my support to help them feel at home here which is as I have described via Louis: The Third Space.  

 Kristen also gave me an insight in the sense of how she models each ride based on the 100 plus eyes she is looking out on. There are some that need a different type of coaching from class to class. That is so deep to think that she pivots from day to day adjusting her choreography based on who is in the room and more specific which day it is. 

Harder, deeper, faster, slower. It's what a ride is supposed to be when it's real good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment