Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SWLABR


Take it to the limit. That’s what I have been doing in earnest this past month. I know that like life insurance the dividends take awhile before you feel their affect. My workout regimen has been off the charts. Not your chart necessarily, but the one I am mapping does.  I started out gingerly and now although I have a long way to go my efforts have produced noticeable results. 
Another Borska event this morning. I kept ribbing him that we wanted more hip-hop and more Usher but he flatly refused me. Of course I am so glad he did. The second selection was SWLABR by Cream.  A little known hit on the B side of a record (what’s that?) Called Sunshine of Your Love. Mike has great choreography, and unlike anyone I have taken a spin class with, he uses mostly rock. He is not stuck in any one decade either as  the music travels from the 60’s right through the present day with groups like The Killers. Mike carries specificity in his sessions as he pays close attention to detail and just like the other elite instructors, he lets us know exactly where he wants us in terms of resistance and speed. And that’s what you want, at least I think so. He like Kristen adds that personal touch of coming face to face with his riders checking on their individual progress.  I love that. 
 I have told Kristen that I hate her music but when the call is a great one, it matters little what type of music is being played. However, I would still like her to play more Erasure and New Order and I do hope Oh My God makes it to the dust bin soon.  

1 comment:

  1. JB -

    A throbbing beat can help get a person over that hump of the daily exercise routine. And, Mr. Bruce, Clapton, and Baker, can get the juices flowing with every note that they play.


    Sometimes it's the background music that can touch a soul. Then again, a string of great lyrics can cut right to the core.


    Either way, once the sweat starts dripping down your body, as the muscles are pulled here and there; the results are amazing. A great workout can make a day go brighter. And, get your ears & heart beating a bit faster.

    I think my mp3 player with headphones should be placed into a time capsule for scientific research in the next century. Those inventions are truly the pearls in the galaxy around us.


    - SHB
    :)

    ReplyDelete