Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, August 7, 2010

A New Star Has Appeared On the Equinox Sky


  

His name is Damian Vella. A young man groomed with all the rudimentary skills and then more some.  I was impressed how I could hear every word of his call and how he had the music working for him as his  supporting cast instead of it trying to take the starring role.   The selections were recognizable and  diversified. And when an instructor plays Billy Idol and Dead or Alive, he gets the check mark in my column.  I thought he was a diamond in the rough on my first ride with him several weeks ago, apparently his karat is shining brighter now. There is tremendous clarity in his style and with this kind of start his online bookings will be filled in moments. 
Extremely fit and with a shining countenance he is on his way to capturing his own devotees and will (I predict) admirably take his place among the talented staff that Kristen has assembled. 
What impressed me too was how he worked the room. He had the presence of mind to get off his bike and make eye contact with everyone in the CS, no easy task when all eyes are on you. Yes I think another star will be taking his place among my favorites. Good luck Damian, I don’t think you’ll need it. 
This week had me spinning 7 days in a row. Am I crazy?  3 KSC, 1 Mr. Mayhem, 1 Blue Sapphire, 1 Borska and finishing with...Now I need a nickname for him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment