Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Drop Everything, It's Mike Borska


Why did I wait so long?  That’s a question that might haunt me as I enter my 7th month of spinning.  A man near in age I suspect to my own and with a musical taste to match. When he played Strange Brew by Cream, I thought to myself that it must have been 40 years since I heard that tune. I am sure I was a teenager and that’s when music was played on vinyl with a needle.  
The selections were  conspicuously minus hip-hop but did include some present day music like Coldplay so it wasn’t entirely musty.  Mike has a little Bob Fosse in him as well because I noticed he had the spinning choreography down just like Kristen and Carolyn do.  Added to the mix was him coming up to each rider checking their form and tightening of the screws when the handlebars seem to be rocking. 
I noticed something else singular to the session with Mike and that was riders mouthing the words to the songs. Sharon in particular over to my left was perfectly in lip synch with a Crosby Stills and Nash cut from the 1970’s.  There were several other would be singers as I glanced around the studio and by rides end a spontaneous applause broke out and I for one was sad this hour had concluded so quickly.  
A rubenesque woman to my immediate left might have left me in the anaerobic zone had I stolen more glances in her direction. She was a Borska devotee and so much told me so as her smiles throughout the session accentuated her eye candy like form.  I can’t help but notice God’s creations after all I am still a man.  
Mike Borska is definitely in my future, and with a playlist like his I can luxuriate and kick my ass as well. 

1 comment: