Kristen's Spin Class

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Corso Zone




A spinning session with Michelle Corso, gave me a reality jolt that told me I am in no way shape or form ready to mirror the athleticism that this young woman exhibits. She is Lance Armstrongesque  in her level of fitness. I know I should never compare myself to someone that makes her living at fitness  versus my part time efforts, but any thought that I could keep up with her were dashed about half way through the session. This woman is for the elite, the cream of the crop. She is better suited for the likes of my young friend Debbie than myself. In truth, Ms. Corso would be my pick, as the conditioning trainer for fitness experts. She is truly a physical marvel from another universe.  She is also more about the results than the experiential aspects of what spin and fitness are for this senior senator. 
I was falling in love with both the social and fitness aspects of spin and I am not ready to give either one up just yet. Probably I never will because if it’s not fun at this stage in my life I am not doing it.  I jokingly told Michelle at the end of the session that I might be ready for her brand of expertise in about two years. However, the Corso zone is a class I will take again when I am ready to challenge myself to the extreme. I thought I was doing that already, but after yesterday, I realize I am still a neophyte.  I cannot race full throttle every day. I was convinced over the last month or so that I was starting to enter a new zone, but I am not ready for the Corso zone.  It harkens back to my racing days when I would run a race every week. Michele Corso is a perpetual motion machine, and I am awe struck looking at her physiology.I have said it before that I can see every muscle on this woman’s physique as if her skin was just painted on her magnificent body.  It’s business, not fun and I can live with that, but not right now. See you in about a month Michelle. This should be an invitation to those fit enough to take on her level of competence and expertise. I know a challenge when I see it, and she is it.  She is AMAZING. 

3 comments:

  1. Why do you keep beating around the bush J...Please tell us... "How You Really Feel"!
    I vote that you should be receiving some sort of gratis for the incredible patronage you give these very talented instructors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they do love the attention but if they weren't as great, my skill in writing about them would not be there. It's Mike Borska's turn tomorrow and I am looking forward to another turn on his pedal stroke call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jb-

    Please pat yourself on the back for me. I've seen you in the CS and you are looking pretty good.... ESPECIALLY for an old guy!

    AYW

    ReplyDelete