Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Anaerobic Lounge Chair




For the first time I heard Kristen talking about entering the forbidden zone. No not the quarantined area in the Planet of the Apes, It’s the anaerobic zone. Now entering my 7th month of my rebirth I have been living in the anaerobic zone since I started. In fact I was wondering if anyone would show up here, ever.  I was sure I was alone in my lounge chair getting comfortable being out of breath. Now to be true, I have made advancements in breathing on a conscious level but for the most part I still lose control and resort to mouth breathing when the going gets really tough. And I am in KSC not in lollipop land. Since lollygagging is strictly taboo, I pant rather than trying to catch up on my reading as some of our members beyond the glass doors do. 
In any case I am curious as to where our Queen leader is going with this new premise. She talks about the hard zone, and breathless but never did she  even whisper the word anaerobic. I know that world well especially since I was a sprinter back in High School and later in life  when those long distance races were nearing the finish line not only had I gone anaerobic but I was retching as well.  I don’t think reverse peristalsis is part of this equation. 
The anaerobic lounge chair, open yours and tell me how it feels because I still can’t catch my breath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment