Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heart of Stone Part II


I always like to do something at least twice to see if my first impressions were correct. I am here to answer, indeed they were and are. Kathy Munzer, reacquaint yourself with the Heart of Stone. Can’t get into the Queen of Spin? Come here. I was motivated, the music was great and I sweated up my usual three pool triad under my bike. 
She has been teaching spin for 20 years and longevity in this sport does not happen by accident. She must be doing something right.  Duh.  Here is what I learned for the first time in my second go round with her. I have never had anyone tell me outright that I had the exact amount of resistance on the red dial. No one. I had been suffering from the delusion that I never have enough resistance on. I had this sense of relief and satisfaction.   Next, we tried something I never have done and that is freezing the upper half of the body and have the pedal stroke come entirely from my lower half. I loved that road.  It not only focused the power my legs have, but it also took my concentration to another level. It was like getting 20/20 vision again. 
What did deeply  disappoint me was not enough of you realize what we have here. I am here to beat the drum, the Heart of Stone is another bankable Equinox star. You all know that I am very objective and if I don’t have something stellar to say about someone I will keep my mouth shut. Wake up fellow spin mates.  
Kathy told me that she had a baby not long ago, and I said to myself AYKM? A baby, with that physiology? It must be in her genes because that was almost too hard to believe. 

1 comment:

  1. This morning I could not make it to spin simply because my lower half is fatigued. I hate not spinning if even for just one day. I will be back for the saturday version of KSC.

    ReplyDelete