Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, August 13, 2010

Hands Across the Table


It’s not often that I am in the first row, so close to the scrutiny of our leader but this morning that is where I found myself after jumping off a malfunctioning #13. And maybe because of my age Evil Woman didn’t seem to ask me for more resistance on the red dial but I made sure I kicked my ass just to be safe. Today throughout the rest of the day my legs felt heavy and quite frankly they ached. And just before I posted this edition,  this old man nearly fell asleep on the couch. 
This morning’s session was one of the toughest, well maybe in the top 5. However, I’ve said that about 50 times already.  God do I love spinning. As I was telling Kristen yesterday outside of running marathons I do not think of anything else in the CS, except for where I am. When she says: Right Here, Right Now.  I am in that space and the rest of the world just has to wait. 
There is a science to spinning of that I have no doubt.  With all the terms I have learned since that first day in February, I do feel like I am at that intermediate stage whereby my experience has helped me with some of the subtleties of the sport.  Little things like remembering to keep the cadence of right, left, right, left after a steep hill climb has made my effort all the more efficient each morning.  I am blessed with very strong legs and I can call on the inner resolve of my marathon days to extract that something extra each time the QOS* asks for just a little bit more. 

Have any of you seen Isabelle? I have just noticed her lately and maybe she is in classes I don’t frequent as much but she finds herself  in the back of the studio, she is dark with a  sweet smile and a knockout Rubenesque shape similar to Pam Polestino only more so.  And my point is? No point she is just an eye popper. Well, maybe to us men anyway.  

*Queen of Spin 

No comments:

Post a Comment