Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Heart of Stone

Kathy Munzer, a bit  on the diminutive side but nonetheless a powerhouse with a plan and an excellent (yes you heard me) an excellent spin instructor. Let me tell you why. First of all her music selection was perfect on the ears because it  was not loud. It played second billing to Ms. Stone or is it Ms. Munzer? She had it all going on. I heard her every word. There was no canceling out of her voice by too much volume on the victrola.  What was also noteworthy was her specificity in the lesson. We knew exactly where we were, how long we were going to be there and we also got challenged individually to produce more of an effort. When she told me she wanted more resistance on my red knob I said: Me? Yes you Jack. Even my olympian friend Debbie with the drop dead body  was asked for “more."  Debbie?  Yes. It  made me take notice that KMS was not only fully associated but she also  has a sense of when to ask for more effort.  All around up there in the elite status in my opinion. In fact, I wondered why there were just 24 bikes taken. If you have taken her class in the past but not lately, jump on because  here is  yet another priceless piece  in the Equinox  jewelry box. And she told me I took her class two years ago. She is The Heart of Stone. 
I don’t know how Munzer has escaped me but put on another star up on constellation Kristen. This woman has hand picked talent worthy of an All Star Team.  I mean really.  
I sat down with the Queen of Spin today for quite a long chat and I told her  how she has changed my life and virtually turned back my biological clock. I also got first hand how difficult her position is. No, I am not shining an apple for the teacher and I have to wait on line just like the rest of you, but KG is a master motivator and an excellent judge of talent. No easy task for this membership because we are very tempermental and I think we were born complainers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment