Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Women of Spin



Most of the time in the CS with rare exception the female to male ratio is 9:1.  Yes that’s right it is that skewed mostly due to time of day I would imagine, because at other times before 9 AM or classes starting at 6 PM for example have a greater contingent of the male variety. 

The female athletes in the CS are on display every day and I think of them as beautiful moving portraits. But not like one might think.   Their physiologies are classically feminine but unmistakably athletic.  Most of the women in KSC are physical specimens. Kristen sometimes talks about blasting belly fat. What?  There isn’t an ounce of fat on this woman.  Well maybe an ounce but it must be in her foot because I can’t see it. Then there are other women like Debbie, Nancy  and Elizabeth who are not only trim with classic lines but  they also have the feminine musculature of beautifully carved stone.

When I think of some of the men in the main studio coming in trying to do what we do in the CS I think they would keel over. As big and brawny as some might seem, the type of effort that is commonplace in KSC would leave quite a few stiffs over the handlebars of our Schwinn’s.

 There are exceptions but group exercise has become a boom to the female athlete. What Jane Fonda did for her gender cannot be underestimated. She helped remove the stigma of being in a public place not only with the other sex present but now a woman could really climb to their potentials in terms of their physical prowess.

Oh I do love it when some of my female  CS mates ask me to loosen their adjustment wheels.  Of course I say a little prayer that I can summon the strength and so far I have been successful, whew. 







No comments:

Post a Comment